What is the text limit for MDX?

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I've written a MDX Script Generator Stored Procedures, which generates MDX based on parameters. MDX Script Columns may increase up to 150, in that case my MDX Script is going large & performance is going slow, I want to analyse the reason but when I paste my MDX to MDX Text Editor my MDX is not coping completely hence I'm not able to analysis my MDX as a whole but in parts, which is very pain-full. So please increase the Size of MDX Text Editor.

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I've just checked in a small code change that removes the 32,000 character limit in that textbox. (Boy that's a long MDX query!)

You'll have to download the latest source code from the Source Code tab and compile it yourself. We're not going to do a release just for this small fix.

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:43 AM
Edited Oct 15, 2009 at 5:14 AM

Hi, Thanks for your reply....

Just I've tried again coping my MDX Script having 46271 characters into MDX Text Editor without download the latest source code, and strangely it is copied completely, I don't know what happened over night; yesterday it was not working for me. Anyway it’s good news for me only.

But when I Execute MDX it gives me proper result and when I did Analyze then it gives me following message in Message Window:

AXIS(1)(1).HIERARCHY.CURRENTMEMBER   

Severity = 1

Line: No Information

Column: No Information

I don't know whether its issue in MDX Studio or not but MDX is working properly for me. But again due to it, I have to again make changes in my MDX for testing the Performance.

But I appreciate the Tool it is giving me points to be improved in my MDX.